The Biopharmaceutical Consortium is an expert team formed in 1997 to assist life science companies, research groups, and emerging enterprises to identify and exploit promising breakthrough technologies, thereby contributing to the discovery and development of new therapeutics, diagnostics, and medical devices. Its mission is to support its members’ clients in meeting the informational, technical, organizational, strategic, and leadership challenges of the post-genomic era.
Consortium members demonstrate expertise and historical success in:
- Strategic business planning and enterprise growth mechanisms
- Identification of future trends in the life sciences and relevant technologies
- Design of efficient and effective development strategies for early stage biomedical products
- Generation of grants-based seed funding for product feasibility testing
- Assessment of the therapeutic and diagnostic potential of novel science
- Effective licensing and acquisition of technologies and nascent firms
- Business development and partnering
- Corporate capitalization, development, and governance
- Competitive assessment
- New-product conceptualization, commercialization, and marketing
- Technology management in life science businesses
Clients served by Consortium members include major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, emerging life science firms, research and diagnostic products companies, producers of laboratory equipment and supplies, investors and intermediaries, and large professional service firms.
The Consortium combines the advantages of large and small consulting firms: expansive depth and breadth of experience without the training and overhead burdens associated with large, relatively junior staffs. Each engagement is strictly tailored to client needs and executed by one or more established experts in life science management and executive counsel. Capabilities in technology strategy and new-product commercialization distinguish the Consortium from most management consulting firms.
For descriptions of Biopharmaceutical Consortium member consultancies, please read more…
If you have any questions about the Biopharmaceutical Consortium, its services, or its member firms, please contact Allan B. Haberman, Principal, Haberman Associates.